Please Note: The following links are to forms that are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require the use of Adobe Reader free software in order to view and print. You can download a copy of Adobe Reader here.

Please print all forms on white paper to help them be processed in a timely manner.

Vehicle Title Application

This form is used to apply for a Certificate of Ownership (title) in your name(s). Use this form if you have purchased or acquired a vehicle from someone other than a licensed Washington vehicle dealer. Bring the Vehicle Title Application and ownership documents to Kent Licensing Agency. If the application is signed in the presence of a licensing agent, notarization is not required. The licensing agent can certify your signature(s). All individuals to be shown as registered owners must sign the application. You will be charged various fees and taxes based on the type of transaction involved.

Please contact Kent Licensing Agency with any questions you may have.

Release of Interest/Power of Attorney Form

This form is used to release interest in a vehicle and/or to authorize another person to sign documents on your behalf that may be necessary to secure or release a Washington Certificate of Ownership (title).

It may also be used to allow someone to move a personalized plate that is in your name onto a vehicle that is not. In this case, you need only write the personalized plate number in the ‘vehicle plate number’ box.

If the form is signed in the presence of a licensing agent, notarization is not required. The licensing agent can certify your signature(s). All legal and registered owners shown on the Certificate of Ownership are required to sign. Please contact Kent Licensing Agency if you have questions or would like fee information.

Download the Release of Interest / Power of Attorney Form

Declaration of Buyer/Seller

The Department of Revenue’s Declaration of Buyer and Seller Regarding Value of Used Vehicle Sold form is to be used when a vehicle’s purchase price is more than $2000 below the Fair Market Value. This form must have original signatures from both the buyer and the seller where indicated to be accepted.

Download the Declaration of Buyer / Seller Form

Odometer Disclosure Form

This form is not available for download. It is a secure serialized form. It is available at Kent Licensing Agency

Personalized License Plate Application

Personalized plates are available for passenger vehicles for an initial fee of $49.75. Personalized plates for motorcycles, trailers and campers are available for an initial fee of $47.75. Once you have a personalized plate, a $30 renewal fee will be charged in addition to all other licensing fees each time you renew your vehicle licensing.

A personalized license plate renewal fee will be charged in addition to the regular yearly registration fee, even if the vehicle is not being used on the road. Failure to renew the personalized plate, including payment of the renewal fee, will result in the cancellation of the license plate. The initial plate fee is only for issuance of the personalized license plate. The personalized plate will replace your existing vehicle license plates and the same expiration date will be assigned.

Please Note Issuance of a personalized plate does not extend your existing registration period. You will benefit the most by renewing your licensing before applying for a personalized plate if it is about to expire. The fee applies whether you pay the initial personalized plate fee one month or 11 months before expiration of your current   registration.

Download the Personalized Plate Application Form

Out-of-Area Form
(Temporary Exemption From Emission Testing for Out-of-Area Vehicle)

This form is used when a vehicle needs to have an emission test, but cannot because it is out of the emission testing area. This may happen if an emission test is required due to a transfer of ownership or renewal of license tabs.

The form must be completed before the transaction that normally requires an emission test can be done.

To complete the form, it must be sent to where the vehicle is located and be signed and notarized. This means, for example, if the vehicle is in California the form must be sent there, signed by someone nearby and notarized by a notary public in that area. Please make sure you allow time to complete this form before you need to have your transaction done.

Please talk to Kent Licensing Agency if you have questions about if the Out-of-Area form is appropriate for your situation.

Download the Out-of-Area form

Comments are closed.